Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Gaming Archive - 21 December

Jim Pacek over at Carjacked Seraphim (which by the way is one of my favorite blog names in all of the blogosphere--did he just make that up or did he steal if from somewhere?) recently posted about a Time Capsule of sorts, a drawer in a filing cabinet of his that contains years and years of gaming materials.

I think most of us can relate.

Anyway, I'm in the process of going through all of my old stuff, trying to sort the wheat from the chaff, and trying to decide what I really want and what can be gotten rid of.  In the process, of course, I am coming across all sorts of treasures of my own.  I'm going to start posting about them, and this is the first such post.

I have for you here a simple dungeon map (of course--how else would I start a new regulare feature?).  I drew it on some engineering graph paper--do you know the kind?  The front side is blank and the grid is on the back--a handy invention indeed.  Never used it for anything, and now that I've looked at it a bit, I realize that it isn't even finished.  Oh well.


I drew it in college during a time when I wasn't even gaming.

4 comments:

  1. I wish my old gaming materials looked this good :)
    I really like the diagonal flow of the caverns - it feels really natural, like seams in the rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick, glad you like some of the stuff I put on my blog -- and its name. Believe it or not, Carjacked Seraphim is an anagram of my name, James Richard Pacek. Pure chance. If you want to play with anagrams; here's a link -- http://wordsmith.org/anagram/ Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete