Monday, January 18, 2010

Creative outlets

Drawing maps was a creative outlet for me. I don't think that it's too far of a stretch to say that most people who play rpg's are creative types. I'm not different.

When I was younger and had more time to pursue creative things, I wrote, drew, and built all the time. HUGE lego fan.

Again, like a lot of people, adulthood and work have conspired to limit my ability to pursue my creativity. I'm in the US Navy, which I love, but I can guarantee that the US Navy does not require much creativity, or allow me to use it very often.

So drawing maps is good stuff. And that's important.

Frankly, I think that all of us (humanity, I mean) need some type of creative outlet. And I don't just mean people that consider themselves "creative". I mean everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment