Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Map Roundup - 26 May

In the Map Roundup from 06 May, I posted a link to this idea from Tower of the Archmage, which was Part 3.  At the time, I didn't spend enough time looking for Parts 1 and 2.  Luckily for me, Dave, the guy who resides in that tower, passed me the info.  So here is Part 1.  Here is Part 2.  Thanks, Dave.

The coffee treatment is a wonderful means of creating the effect of old, yellowed paper, parchment, or what have you.  There's a map here that makes use of it.  Nice.

You'll probably say that I'm stretching it a bit with the following link, but maps are cool, whether in a fantasy setting, a modern setting, or a sci-fi setting.  Games that use maps are cool, too.  This link will direct you to a review of a game that, although I haven't tried it yet, is full of mapping goodness.  And if you happen to disagree with my belief that this is a mapping extraveganza, just leave.

There is definitely a map at this post, but the beauty of the post is its utility to the old school gamer.  Thanks, Al.

FrDave gives us this, and there is rejoicing amongst the mappers.

Over at the newspaper for the underground scene, there is a nice post about maps that I really dig.  He describes a useful way to give some (but not too much) information to players with maps.

I'm sure that I've missed quite a bit as I've been away from the internet for several days.  I'll keep looking and try to catch up in the next Roundup.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment