Thursday, February 25, 2010

Of Like Mind

I'm a relative newcomer to the OSR.  I know most of what I know about it by lurking around the OSR blogosphere.  Over time, as I have read more and more of the various bloggers, I have found that there are several whose opinions on most things match my own, whose sensibilities seem similar to mine, and who I can count on to always post something that interests me.  I have also found several where those only rarely occur.

I tend to find that the more I read of a given blogger, the more he or she seems to fall to the average.  What I mean by this is that as I become more familiar with any given bloggers' views, I typically tend to like less the ones that I really like and dislike less the few that I really dislike.  I suppose that that is proof that, for the most part, we are all similar in more ways than we are different.  That's a good thing, because it tells me that I am hanging out with the right people.

[Not to say that the same hasn't happened with rpg bloggers outside of the OSR--it's just that I am obviously of like mind with more people here than there.]

Because I am relatively new, I am still coming across people and places that I haven't heard of or read about before.  It's always a little exciting to find something (someone) new and realize the goodness.  So that happened to me today.  I came across, and read just about all of, Original Edition Fantasy.  I've enjoyed it so much that it will now find a spot on My Daily Read.  Thomas Denmark is a pretty cool dude and way talented.  Here's hoping that he won't fall to the average.

No comments:

Post a Comment