Sunday, February 10, 2013

Another Megadungeon Roundup

I think that I am going to start collecting links to the various blog posts that I come across that have to do with megadungeons, similar to how I used to do mapping roundups.  I'm really enjoying reading what the various bloggers have to say on the topic, and I don't want to lose this stuff.  Consider this possibly the first in a long line of megadungeon-related roundups.

First, from Beedo over in the Lich House, a little post about extracting value from the megadungeon.  I dig it.

Second, I offer some thoughts from Hack & Slash, that was actually linked to in the first post.  This is about the three primary activities in megadungeon play.  And since you're going to read a lot about megadungeons over at Hack & Slash, here's a link to all his posts labelled megadungeon.

I'm now going to link to two blog posts from False Machine, a blog that I've only come across recently, but I have to assume by the writing that the guy (Patrick Stuart) is British.  Neither post is particularly megadungeon-y in and of itself, but I have to say that the ideas presented in each would fit perfectly in a megadungeon--or at least any megadungeon that I want to be a part of.  First is a post about Arachnopolis Rex.  Don't ask, you just have to read about it.  The second is a post about myconid slaves.  I mean, really, can you ever have a bad post about myconids?

Finally, a comment about the title of a blog that, as far as I can tell, has nothing to do with megadungeons: Drums in the Deep.  That title absolutely ROCKS!  Evocative.  Eerie.  I love it!  Seriously, saying it to myself gives me goosebumps.

Lest you think that I am blind to the resources out there, I have to point you to a few obvious ones:
Megadungeons.com.
The Megadungeon.

That's all for now.  On to other things...

No comments:

Post a Comment