Friday, January 8, 2010

The interweb... er, net

I continued to draw maps using Paint and my trusty mouse.

You might be asking yourself, why didn’t you go online and try to find some better art programs? I’m thinking you might be, because I am—now. Frankly, sadly, the thought never occurred to me. But, in case you didn’t know, there are several programs out there that are completely free, available on the internet, that are much, much more capable than Paint. I don’t know if that was the case when this little hobby of mine started, but it certainly is the case now.

When I think back to 2002-2003, when I started drawing maps on the computer, I don’t think that Google had yet grown to its gargantuan size. I’m not sure what search engine I used back then, but if I had searched, I probably would have found something better to use and probably some help. Now I am aware that there are online communities for just about everything. I guess I was a little internet clueless back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment