Thursday, January 7, 2010

The First

I've been toying with the idea of writing a blog for a long time.  My biggest fear is that I won't keep at it regularly, that I will lose interest, that it will die on the vine.  But I have come to the conclusion that none of those things matter.  Ultimately, I reached that conclusion because I have SO many strange ideas buzzing around in my head.  I'll not have the opportunity to take all of them to fruition, but perhaps by putting them somewhere I'll force myself to take some action.

My name is Nick, and I run a small (tiny) publisher of roleplaying materials called The Fantasy Cartographic.  This blog will be my means of putting the word out on what I (and those others who choose to join me) am doing, what I am thinking, and whatever else catches my fancy.  Looking ahead, I think that I will write a lot about being a small 3rd party publisher (3pp) of gaming materials right now.  I'll write about my successes (few), failures (lots), lessons learned (more than I can count), hints, and tips.  But I'll also use the blog to write about things that I have no intention of ever publishing.

As with most blogs, I anticipate that it will be a highly personal affair.  I'll go it alone if I have to, but I hope that some of you will join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment