Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May: A "Down" Month for Blogging and a Hearty Thank You

Wow.  May is almost complete, and I have posted to this blog less than ten times.  Moreso than ever before, I have a lot of respect for those people out there (you know who they are) in the blogosphere who post regularly, day after day, week after week, month after month.  I'm not really sure how you people all do it.

Perhaps I am hampered by the fact that I have many more interests than just gaming.  Of course, I'm sure that all of the prolific bloggers out there have other interests than just gaming and their blog.  That can't be it.  Perhaps I am hampered by the fact that I have two little kids and spend a lot of time with them.  But that can't be it either, because most of us have children of varying ages.  Maybe it has something to do with the fifteen or twenty half-written blog posts that are waiting for me to finish and actually publish.  That might have something to do with it.  It could even have something to do with the various ideas that are floating around in my head that I have not yet started scribbling down or typing that would make perfectly fine blog posts.

I suppose that there are any number of other excuses that I could type right now.  But, ultimately, I think that most are excuses.  Thinking about it, I've come to the conclusion that at varying times my priorities change, my interests drift, my mind goes to other places.

I've just come back from a seven day break from the blogosphere entirely--I hadn't really even surfed the internet at all in the past week.  I will say that while I was gone, you guys have continued posting and have given me much to read and enjoy as I get back 'into the loop'.  The quality and quantity of stuff in the OSR continues to impress me.  It still strikes a chord in me.  So for that, thank you.  If you are a part of My Daily Read, thank you.  And even if you aren't, you can bet that I will stop by.

Now all I have to do is stop reading and get back to typing my own stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment